Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Women Black Belts


I was thrilled when I got a catalog in the mail with images of a WOMAN black belt on it!

Black Belt magazine is pretty good about featuring women martial artists on the cover, but the ads are mostly men . . . I don't know how the other mags are.

So when I got this catalog, I thought--"she's like ME! The ponytail, the slender frame, skinny wrists!"

But after I thought about it, I realized there is one big difference.

I'm probably 20 years older than this model!

It sure would be cool if a martial arts picture featured a middle-aged woman (or maybe one of those gray-haired woman black belts!)

1 comment:

TKD Rocker said...

Hmmmm.... That sounds like an interesting magazine. I might look into getting a subscription.... Hope you're doing well! (oh, and I think I've figured out my senior project - check my blog).