Friday, December 29, 2006

Back

I went back to the dojang yesterday--the first time I'd been there in about 2 1/2 weeks. The familiar dojang-smell greeted me (you know how there's often a special smell you associate with certain places. . . ). I slipped into my uniform, pulled back my hair, and went out into the empty room.

It was good to be back.

Justin joined me and showed me my new form, Chung Mu. As you TKD folks know, it's a fun form, with lots of new and exciting movements, like the 2-step flying side kick, the ridge hand strike, and the 360 jump (very much like a grand tour en rond in ballet--usually just boys get to do it). We worked on it until I remembered the steps. Then Justin--and Master Hughes, who arrived later--watched me do all 13 forms.

Afterwards, my muscles were deliciously tired. And I realized I hadn't thought about my mom, or worried about my dad for a whole hour.

No comments: