Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ballet Week


(That photo is not of me; it's just from the web. I keep forgetting to have Suki take pictures during our rehearsals, but I wanted a photo!)

Feeling a bit nervous as this is the week of rehearsals before Sunday's ballet recital. The teachers were glad to have us adults doing a number--gave the younger students some time to change costume, etc. Glad to know we're appreciated!

So, this week:
Tues: 11 a.m. class, rehearsal (we worked a bit extra on the tour jetés and lifts)

Thurs: 11:30 a.m. class, rehearsal.

4 p.m. Tech rehearsal starts at Paramount. We're on at "8:20-8:30" (the times crack me up--it's hard for me to imagine the Tech rehearsal will run smoothly enough for those 10-minute windows to be correct!)

(If my guys want to see the show, I may invite them to come to this rehearsal or Sunday's--so they can see it, but don't have to stay for the whole thing.)

(Will they want to see it? I don't know. They didn't stay for the liturgical dance on Easter, nor did they see the last recital I was in.)

Sun: 8:30 a.m. call for final rehearsal; we're on sometime after 11:15.

4:00 p.m. call for 6:00 p.m. recital, which will supposedly be done by 8:25. (this cracks me up, too; there are more than 2 dozen dances!)

OK. Having it down here in print makes it seem more reasonable. We have 3 more rehearsals, two on the actual stage, and can go over the dance a couple times on Thursday. I guess we'll be ready.

Next week will be TKD week, I promise! Test day coming up June 10!

No comments: