Saturday, August 27, 2005

A New Breaking Kick

For my next test, I'll need to do a jump front snap kick to break a board.

This came as a bit of a surprise to me. I don't like the idea of breaking a board with the ball of my foot.

However, you may remember that I do like front snap kicks!



Today, we do our breaking kicks, after a grueling class of going across the floor doing our warm up kicks, side kicks, and, finally, grapevines (I end my grapevines with a small brise from ballet!) We also do something that the athletic people around me called "windsprints," which were not fun--just running back and forth. This is why I am NOT an athlete.

At the end, we go up to do our breaks. Ms. Pryor even calls me up to help hold a board! I must be looking big and strong today.

When it's my turn to break, I go up to Jim and Christian, who are holding for the adults.

"I'm doing a jump front snap kick," I inform them. "So am I going to cripple myself?"

"No," says Jim.

"I don't know. Maybe," says Christian, with an evil grin.

"Shut up," I tell him.

I break the board after missing completely once. I am not crippled.

No comments: