Saturday, June 18, 2005

Dreaming TKD

I had a TKD dream last night.

In it, I go to All-belts class and the dojang is filled with spectators in folding chairs. A few students are warming up here and there. I look and look for someone I know. I am especially looking for Ms. Pryor. Then I leave and wander the streets of downtown Cedar Rapids.

TKD is on my mind now because of something I heard at the belt ceremony in the women's changing room: that Ms. Pryor did not test for her next Dan as she was supposed to. She'd invited guests who'd left our school with others to start a new school. Mr. Hughes would not let them stay, and Ms. Pryor left with them.

This story upset me--I was upset with Master Hughes but I was also confused--something about that situation must have upset him, as he is usually so generous. But from talking to him, I believe he is also more sensitive than you might guess from his boistrous, outgoing manner.

But as Aimee pointed out, I don't know the whole story. Good reminder. Usually, I'm the one to say that.

Someone said "If Ms. Pryor leaves, I don't know what I'll do."

I don't know what I'd do either. I'm sure that's where those dreams came from.

No comments: