Saturday, May 07, 2005

Cardio Kickboxing!

We arrive just barely on time to Saturday's all-belts class (so no pictures again). Ms. Pryor is leading.

"OK everyone. We're going to do some moving around before we start out," she says.

We certainly move. She puts on some hard-driving music and we kick, punch, step, and slide to teh music. It's quite the workout; I have to stop to stretch out stiff joints or take a couple of breaths every now and then. I am hoping I'm not the only one . . .

It's exhausting but also fun to do moves to music. It helps me find a rhythm when she gives us a sparring combination to do over and over. By the time it's over, I'm drenched in sweat.

We also do some stretching, and it's a good day for it--warm and humid!

At the end of class, there's a round-robin sparring. It's fun to watch, and Chelsea picks me as her partner at one point (I don't even score on her, but it's fun to try!)

After class, a couple people compliment me on my sparring. "It's tough to go up against Chelsea," says one mom, a spectator mom. Darn right it is!

No comments: