Thursday, January 06, 2005

Snow Day

When we left for class Tuesday, we slid down the driveway. Ice coated all the streets, but since it was made by "ice pellets" it was mostly easy to drive on. When we got to the dojo, Patrick was waiting on the steps. "We having class today?" I asked. "Nope," he said. Up at the top of the stairs, our teacher, Mr. Houtz and Master Hughes were waiting, along with Patrick and his dad.

One thing I like about this place is the friendly feel. Despite the bad weather ("I almost slid into someone on the way over," said Master Hughes), there was a jolly feeling there. We chatted and laughed, and all traipsed back down the stairs together. Robbie thought that since we were there anyway, we should just have a class, but the adults were ready to head back home.

So, OK. It'll be today then, my first class as a real student.

One thing I realized: It's going to be tricky to get my posts done. I'll have to dedicate some time after supper on TTh or whenever I go to writing up a post. And next time I'll try to have some links for you to explore!

No comments: