Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Good things this week

1. I learned how to do a jump crescent kick. It's one of Master Hughes's favorite kicks, and after working on it for a while in class Wed., I had a decent one down.

It's like a tornado kick, but you don't switch legs. Kind of like a fouette turn versus a tour jete.

2. Speaking of ballet, I got a lot of work in on my wheel kick (another spinning kick) and it's improving. My problem seems to be ballet training. As I come around, my kicking leg rotates into turned-out position, rather than staying turned in to kick. Thinking about that helps.

3. Master Hughes said it would be fine for me and Robbie to learn Bo this summer at Kojokan!

3 comments:

Kenneth said...

I like the blog because it shows if you work hard at something you will achieve it like your kicking ability. TKD is a way of life. I always found kicking was the hardest for me since I have a bad hip. But with hard work I overcame the issue. Kenneth Gibbons LLC

Martial Arts for adults in Barrington, IL said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you've got produced in writing this article.

Kung Fu training in Barrington, IL said...

Please tell me that youre going to keep this up! Its so good and so important. I cant wait to read more from you.