Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ceremony

Our belt ceremony was yesterday evening.

It was great to see Annette and Vince, two adult students, get their yellow belts.

We were all proud of James, Kevin, and Ashley for getting their black belts.





There are a lot of black belts at our school--here we are!

and here's our trusty photographer, Brian A.


But the best thing was that Robbie was there--as a student again!




He decided to start TKD again. About a week ago, in response to some problems he's had controlling his temper, he told me "I need Jedi training."

"Jedi training is available," I said. "Do you want to start tae kwon do again?"

"Yes," he said.

I'm glad to have him in class. Yesterday, we stuck together, and went through Chun-Ji and basic movements. He takes instruction from me pretty well.

I also look forward to my fellow black belts helping him learn--not just the moves of forms, but also those tenets of TKD: Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverence, Self-Control, and Indomitable Spirit.

As I said to someone at a TKD party the other day "it takes a village."

I'm glad to be part of this "village" where we all care for each others' children.

No comments: