Friday, February 16, 2007

More Belt Ceremony photos and reflections . . .




(Robbie wants to show off that without my shoes, I'm shorter than he is)

The belt ceremony was fun, and it was great to have that beautiful cake. But about 1/2 way through I just felt tired of being the center of attention. I kind of wished I could have just gone on to start learning my new form!

I don't mean to sound ungrateful--I was very very grateful for all of those who made the party fun, and it was a hoot cutting the cake with that Korean sword . . . but it's kind of like getting married, or having a baby. It's nice to have all that fuss over you for a while, but at some point you just want to go on with your life in your new role.

I look forward to that at Saturday's class.

And of course, I'm going to get prints of all these great photos . . . :-)

No comments: