Sunday, November 12, 2006

Tired and Happy

Justin and I returned home after the tournament pretty late yesterday, about 9:30 p.m. We'd left that morning at 7. We were tired and happy, or at least I was.

I don't have pictures yet, so I'll just share this: we both got two medals at this very competetive tournament. Justin got 3rd in forms and 1st in breaking. I got 1st in forms and 2nd in sparring.

We both had very competetive divisions--the "senior women colored belt" class consisted of 19 women! We divided up, but my sub-division was still 8 or 9 women, all of whom were solid martial artists. It was fun to visit with them and compete with them.

Justin's division consisted of very competetive--and aggressive--martial artists. The two who stood out had been at the last meet, the ones who'd pushed the sparring rules of "light to no contact" . . . so I was glad that Justin made such a good showing with his control, power, and great breaking. I hope those two guys graduate to the "senior men" division soon.

All in all it was an enjoyable day. Pictures soon!

No comments: