Monday, April 24, 2006

Blook


This is so cool. Zoe Smith, one of the contributors to the KarateForums "Korean Arts" discussion board (her screen name is Kill Jill), has published her blog as a book! It's available from Lulu.com, an organization that seems to specialize in helping bloggers become book authors.

Smith says the book "covers exclusive content about training in the Korean martial art of Taekwondo in its homeland of South Korea. . . . I decided to write this book after I was flooded by questions from people outside Korea who wanted to know if it was worth coming over to train." Smith, who's studied TKD for a total of 5 years, 2 of them in Korea, also discusses cultural issues. I think it would be a fun read.

It's especially cool because the "blook" can be downloaded for free--or sent to the buyer as an "A4" format black and white book for $7.

I want to do this with this blog eventually--in fact it was my initial reason for keeping the blog: to write a book. Maybe I'll make a blook when/if I finish my black belt. But I'm not sure I'll publish this blog exactly as is: I'd want to revise it for the new medium: different purpose, different audience, different format, maybe some new insights . . .

I think I will download Zoe's blook and take a look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a great read for anyone interested in taekwondo+Korea