Thursday, September 22, 2005

More on blogs

Once again I'd like to introduce you to a couple blogs I've been enjoying recently.

You might enjoy visiting another TKD blog, Rockin' out to Tae Kwon Do. The author, known on her blog as TKDRocker (you've seen her comments here) has a pretty substantial web presence, with at least one other blog and a website! She writes vivid, lively entries and has a good sense of humor. Plus, I understand that she's also a LOTR geek like I am so that's got to be good.

Totally off the subject of TKD, Jase's Journal is also a relatively new blog by a student at my college. Jase--a senior at the college, serious athlete, class president, guitar player and all around great guy--is doing an independent study with me this term, and one of his projects is a blog. His topic: fighting cancer. Jase is going through some pretty tough times this fall in a fight against testicular cancer (yep, the same kind Lance Armstrong has), but he faces it with grace and humor. This blog is anything but a downer! A recent post is called "1000 golf balls"

And for inspiration, you bloggers might want to check out a new book about blogs whose title alone will inspire you (or make you crazy), Who Let the Blogs Out by a guy named, believe it or not, Biz Stone. I skimmed through a lot of it, but some of the chapters about how to get readers and how to make your writing more exciting, were worth the read.

And yes, I am going to be at all-belts on Saturday.

No comments: