Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Back to the dojang

I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and my eyes were bloodshot! I've been at a technology conference for 3 days and I've been spending way too much time staring at screens.

Got home just in time for all-belts, though, a great workout. The hot weather (in the 90s) makes stretching easier--Master Hughes wandered by twice to push my stretches just a bit more.

"Hey, why don't you pick on him?" I joke, pointing to Kevin.

"Naw, he's a nice guy," says Master H.

We work on forms, and Brian and I make some progress getting Won Hyo down. That one has some tricky moves. Earlier, we showed Frank and Kevin Do San, and got some tips from Ms. Pryor.

At the end, Master Hughes calls out "get your sparring gear on."

It's been a while since I've sparred, and I feel out of it. I don't remember what kinds of combinations work, but I throw myself into it, scoring a few on each partner (including some kicks to the head), and getting seriously winded.


It's nice to be back.

Got some photos from Brian--will try to scan them in the next day or two and post them here.

No comments: